Both of my daughters like to put blankets over their heads to fall asleep. These Muslin security blankets are breathable and light which makes me feel a bit better when they want to cover their faces.
It’s that time again! What I am loving this week.
1. Crayola No Drip Paint Brush Pens. Ok let me just say these are the best invention for toddlers. I just tried these out with Ace last week because he loves to paint but I don’t love how disasterous it always is so I bought these paint brush pens and he loved them. They can still paint but there is no dipping in paint and the tip keeps the paint from going all over the place. The paper also dries super fast this way. It doesn’t give the same affect as finger paint of course but it is a good alternative to painting with paint brushes. They come in a 5 pack and a 40 pack, we have the 5 pack for Ace which works out really well for one child but if you have more than one I would highly suggest a larger pack or buying 2 of the smaller ones since they are easy to switch from one color to the next and kids can get really creative.
2. This Rose Gold Bow Tie Bracelet. All over Pinterest people are pinning the Michael Kors Watches with bracelets of the same rose gold tone and this is one of my favorites to pair with it. I think it is just so girly and cute. Oh and the best part? It is only $1.95!
3. B+B Pillow. I found this pillow on Etsy at the shop Polka Dot Pears and love it in our new house! I am slightly obsessed. It has the year we were married on it and it just has a really classic look. When I contacted the owner of the shop to tell her how much I loved the pillow and I would be featuring it on my blog she offered a coupon code for my readers! Use code LOVEIT and get 14% off your order. She also has some nautical theme pillows which would be perfect for Ace’s big boy room. Yay!
Hey guys! Here is another addition of What I’m Loving…
1. Recently a bunch of my friends were posting pictures of this adorable little car the Step2 Easy Turn Coupe. It is similar to the traditional Little Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. I loved that you can see your kiddo from the top on this one and it has a handle so if your child gets tired you can push the car for them. They are both comparable in price and I know people love the Little Tikes one but I have to say I am really loving the Step2 Coupe. Either way this is a toddler staple.
2. Ace is obsessed with this Baby Einstein Count and Discover Treasure Chest. It is my favorite toy to use to help him learn colors too. He will take the “coins” out of the chest and put them back in over and over again. I thought it might be a little young for him but seeing how much he loves putting things into other items I figured it was worth a try and it definitely was a perfect buy.
3. My new camera! Bran got me this ah-mah-zing camera, a Nikon COOLPIX P510. I had been wanting one that was a little better than the one I had before but I didn’t want to buy the super expensive ones where you can change the lens because I just don’t have patience to learn to use those and this was like one step below that. Bran found a great deal on this one on Amazon. It came with the SD card, case, tripod and a cleaning kit. You can get it with all of the fun accessories here or alone here. It is $100 difference which is still less than it was at Target!
4. I am really into this Sterling Silver Wishbone necklace and have yet to get one but I saw this one on sale for Mother’s Day and I think a certain someone may need to get this for me. ::hint hint::
5. Last but not least I am seriously obsessed with these ‘Staches Drink Markers if you love entertaining or have a party coming up I would highly suggest these drink markers. Not only are they totally fun but they are pretty hilarious. A great way to add a little something extra to your party.
With spring and summer right around the corner and the fact that Florida is already super hot I decided to check out Pinterest and see what was out there. We all know the chevron print is totally in and I found the cutest dress! This Navy Chevron Print Belted Dress is to die for! I love this for dinner out with friends or a date night. It also is the perfect dress for lunch with your girlfriends because it is light and airy which means you won’t feel over dressed.
I also wanted a pair of Boyfriend Jeans for running around running errands. It is a good compromise between shorts and regular jeans, don’t you think? You can still manage to look put together and casual all at the same time. When it comes to going out at night just throw on a pair of simple black heels and a flowy top and you are good to go!
For a dressier look I love these Skinny Mini Skimmer Khakis, they are easy to wear and look stylish. During the day you can pair it with a simple white t-shirt and a pair of flats and dress it up at night with heels, some statement jewelry and even a khaki blazer.
I am a huge fan of loose tops in the spring and summer. It just adds to the laid back style of summer. This Chiffon Pullover in white is the perfect top to go with a pair of cut off shorts during the day or tucked into a body con skirt at night. It is a top you will end up wearing year round, guaranteed.
|Au Natural Baby model, Maggie with Ace, she’s rocking the gold jewelry!|
So what is the 5th item to add to your summer wardrobe? Jewelry of course! Jewelry can make any outfit go from day to night in an instant. Take a couple of bangles and throw them on for a fun daytime look, add a statement necklace or ring to the look for night. Want to draw attention to your face? Add a pair of statement earrings. Gold is very in right now so don’t be afraid of it.
|Side and Front View|
As a Mom of a toddler I am realizing more and more that my son is no longer a little baby and at times it makes me a bit sad but overall I love watching him become the amazing little person that he is. With that being said I love products that are functional and made specifically for toddlers. When going from having a baby with a ton of stuff all around the house (i.e. swing, bouncer, play mat, ect.) I was excited to start streamlining Ace’s things that he needed on a daily basis. One of the main items we had to keep around was his Space Saver seat. I love this seat because it attaches to a regular chair and can be used from babyhood to kid hood <–is that even a word? The only “issue” I had with this product was the lack of mobility it had. It was big and clunky as well. Less clunky than a regular high chair but still clunky. I then got this awesome
First of all this seat is the perfect height for sitting at a table so Ace can sit with us at the dinner table and not at his other seat which is a bit too high for the table. With that chair he still has to use his chair. It also is great for when he does arts and crafts. When we would do them in his Space Saver seat it made it difficult because the tray is small and paper would always stick off the edge causing coloring books to fall to the floor easily. At the kitchen table he has a lot more space. He also was so excited to be sitting at the table like a big boy.
The best feature has got to be how small it is, making it easy to take with us to friend’s houses where we are having dinner or our place in the Keys. It straps to a chair and you are good to go.
Overall this has got to be one of my favorite items for my little toddler.
Pros: Small, Perfect heigh for a kitchen table, Attaches to a chair, Portable. Easy to clean. Neutral color.
Cons: No Safety belt around child’s waist.
The only con I could find is there isn’t a safety belt that goes around the child’s waist but in reality at this age Ace doesn’t need one. I do think some parents might not like this so I listed it.
Do you want to win your very own BabyBjörn Booster Chair?! Here is your chance!
Back to Glossy Box, this month’s theme was Winter Survival Kit and it is called The Man Repeller. Already in love with the fabulous attention to details this box has. First of all the little silver box is freaking cute and inside is a little note that makes you feel like this box was sent with love from one of your besties. It also comes with the Glossy Box Magazine which has all the latest trends as well as beauty tips.
Next up are the awesome products.
Here is the detailed list…
– Professional Sebastian Potion 9 Wearable Styling Treatment
– Tarte High Performance Naturals Lipstick
– Narciso Rodriguez for Her Perfume Sample
– Sumptuous Extreme Last Multiplying Volume Mascara Sample
– fresh. Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum Sample
– OPI Liquid Sand in Can’t Let Go
– Le Metier De Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution SPF30 Sample
I would say all of that is worth the $21.00! 3 full size items and 4 samples is pretty good. The mascara sample is a perfect size for carrying in your purse.
- Au Natural Baby Letterman Cardigan
- Trend Lab Bucket Hat
- Munchkin 3 Pack Snack Bags
- Sunblock Stick, SPF30, Fragrance Free .5oz
- Skip Hop Zoo Lunchie Insulated Lunch Bag
- Mud Pie Canvas Monogram Tote Bag
- Au Natural Baby Letterman Cardigan
- Carter’s Velour Sherpa Blanket
- Thermos Foogo Leak Proof Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
- Fitted Crib Sheet
- Character Diapers